Bring your knowledge and experience to a mutual insurer where you can make a difference and make your mark!
Located in Seaforth, Ontario, McKillop Mutual offers a range of agricultural, commercial, residential and automobile products through a dedicated network of agents and independent broker partners. We are committed to teamwork, continual learning and a healthy work-life balance.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a permanent full time Underwriter.
As an Underwriter, you will:
- Possess effective team building skills with a passion to share knowledge and build relationships with agents, brokers and the underwriting team.
- Exhibit sound judgment and confident decision making skills.
- Assess risks to determine eligibility, exposure and ensure proper classification and rating.
- Consistently strive for profitable, sustainable business through your actions and decisions.
- Post-secondary education.
- A minimum 5 years underwriting with experience in Commercial and/or Farm underwriting considered an asset.
- CIP designation or working towards one.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, superior customer service skills, as well as time management skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Proficient computer skills.
We offer a competitive compensation, benefits and pension plan and provide a business casual environment that supports a healthy work-life balance. We also offer a hybrid work from home opportunity. If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and covering letter to:
McKillop Mutual Insurance Company
Attention: Tracy Lamont
Box 819, 91 Main St. S.,
Seaforth, ON N0K 1W0
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is October 29, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.