Located in Seaforth, Ontario, McKillop Mutual offers a range of agricultural, residential, commercial and automobile products through a dedicated network of agents and independent broker partners. Our roots are in rural Ontario and our mission is to provide quality service at reasonable and competitive rates while maintaining a sound financial position for our policyholders. McKillop Mutual is committed to teamwork and providing a healthy work-life balance for our employees.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a permanent full time Underwriter. As an Underwriter, you will:
- Possess effective team building skills with a passion to share knowledge and build relationships with agents, broker and the underwriting team.
- Exhibit sound judgment and confident decision making skills.
- Assess risks to determine eligibility, exposure and ensure proper classification and rating.
- Consistently strive for sustainable, profitable business through your actions and decisions.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to adapt to changes in technology, processes and workflow.
- Post-secondary education.
- CIP designation or working towards one.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of related underwriting experience, residential, farm, commercial or auto experience would be an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, superior customer service skills, excellent time management with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficient computer applications including Microsoft Office.
We offer a competitive compensation, benefits and pension plan and provide a business casual environment that supports a healthy work-life balance. If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and covering letter to:
McKillop Mutual Insurance Company
Attention: Tracy Lamont
Box 819, 91 Main St. S.,
Seaforth, ON N0K 1W0
Or email email@example.com
Deadline for applications is April 18, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.